Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

Sitting in the grass



I have two favorite seasons, spring and fall. I prefer light layers to shorts and tank tops, or winter coats and scarfs. August, not a month I normally love, was particularly kind to us this year and had some wonderful cool days. 


The cool weather, and the light breeze, made for picturesque afternoons sitting in the yard- and learning that Adeline likes to eat grass (if you let her) 

I love being the mother of a baby. Their complaints are easy to resolve, and there is magic in watching them discover the world around them. 

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't love being Cordelia's mom, its just so much harder- I often feel like I am failing by the end of each day. Every day Cordelia's concerns seem to get more complex, more grown up.


If only the concerns of children stayed simple, if only we could always be content playing in the grass. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!