Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Sisters on Valentine's Day


While I was taking Adeline's newborn photos Cordelia looked at me and said "make sure you don't take more picture of Adeline than you do of me, I don't want there to be more of her". I have since used this against her every time she doesn't want her picture taken. 


It would take a lot of effort to surpass the number of photos of Cordelia in just two short months- in fact I don't think I will ever have more of Adeline than Cordelia because most of my pictures now include both of them! 


Fair has been one of Cordelia's main concerns these days- It's not "fair" if I seem to take more photos of Adeline, it's not "fair" if Adeline gets new socks and Cordelia doesn't, I made them both Valentine's day hair bands and it wasn't going to be fair that I planned them to be different. For the most part it only really drives me insane when I am tired because I know this is a big adjustment for Cordelia and "fairness" has been her only real complaint, most of the time she is a super enthusiastic sister. Also, from being one of four kids I know that fairness is a never ending issue.

In the end Cordelia didn't complain about her headband because it was much fancier and I think she thinks she got the better end of the deal. She is also home from school and on her 6th day of being sick- so she has more pressing things to complain to me about. I wish you all a wonderful Valentine's day free from sick kids and full of fun adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!