Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Welcome Sweet Adeline


Our sweet baby girl Adeline was born on the 7th of December. She joined our family earlier than expected but thankfully healthy and a sturdy 8 pounds 3 ounces. God knew we needed a sturdy baby because Adeline has a very enthusiastic big sister who wants to hold her almost every second of the day.  


I am not a religious person, but I do believe in God, and God knew we needed Adeline to help us get through all of the things that had happened this year. 


There are a lot of things that make Adeline different from her sister- not all of those things I can put a finger on right now, I just know in my heart that they are very different people. One of the biggest things right now is that Cordelia was a great sleeper and Adeline is my little bat baby- when we brought her home from the hospital she only wanted to be awake at night! She ate almost every hour on the hour, and she only wanted to sleep while being held. I think honestly I might have trained her to sleep like that by accident. During our stay in the hospital I kept her in the room with me at night- but I had such a hard time getting in and out of bed because my c-section incision hurt so bad that I stopped putting her in her little cart and tucked her into my hospital gown while she slept. I really enjoyed the hours we spent together like that, so I'm ok with the repercussions (well mostly- don't ask me at 4am how I feel about it).



Before I had a baby I didn't understand newborn baby smell- actually I didn't understand it until Cordelia progressed into toddlerhood and no longer smelled like a sweet newborn babe. I have to tell you I am overjoyed by every moment I get to spend hugging my sweet Adeline, and smelling her sweet baby smell. 



I actually had a hard time getting excited to take these pictures because that meant putting her down- and my level of creativity and drive has been on the low end these past couple of months.  Luckily, now that my blood pressure is back to normal, and I have recovered from surgery I am starting to feel a little bit more creativity- I still don't have time to make anything, but at least I have some interest in making things. 



It gives me things to think about as I hold my sleeping baby- right now I'm dreaming of quilts and what nursing clothing i'll make when I get a chance to sew- which hopefully will be soon because I am growing weary of yoga pants and t-shirts. 



But I promise I will never grow weary of these tiny feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!