Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Darlips Baby Quilt



Not a lot of sewing has been going on in the Pinkham house as of late but in my blogging lapse I never shared this quilt I made this past spring. This is the second baby quilt I made and it was a gift for one of my best friend's baby. Sarah and her husband are better at waiting then Brendon and I are so they didn't know the gender of the baby so I kept to a neutral pallet for the quilt. 

However, I think that even if they had known ahead of time they were having a girl this quilt still would have been grey, white, black, and yellow because I was really digging black and grey baby things and Sarah's favorite color is yellow. 



Sarah also likes hot air balloons- hence the theme. I sewed up three balloons representing the three members of their little family, and I free motion quilted the whole thing. There is also a little heart hidden in the stitches just for fun. The clouds stand out more in person, they are a text print because Sarah has such a great love of reading.


I wish I had written down the names of the fabrics I used- I'll have to remember to do that next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!