Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Kids Clothes Week: February 2015

IMG_7395

The first time I participated in Kids Clothes Week was a total success . I made a dress, sweatshirt, skirt, two tops, and four pairs of leggings; and it was soo much fun! However, come summer I signed up for my second KCW and totally flopped. I actually ended up making an art smock, one and a half skirts, a tank top, and a dress- which now that i'm listing it out doesn't seem like a total flop...maybe I should reevaluate....anyways I never blogged them- and that seemed like failure at the time! That feeling of failure, and the stress of school, made me skip out on the fall KCW which made me pretty sad. 

IMG_7400

However, I signed up for this month's KCW and I'm pretty excited. I've set my "To Sew" expectations pretty small, I probably wont get a ton of stuff done because I don't want to fall behind in my school work, but I really want the incentive to spend just one hour a day sewing. When it is all said and done, sewing makes me happy, and sometimes I need the extra encouragement to do things that make me happy! 

IMG_7421

This time around the theme of KCW is upcycle- which should be a good reason to remake some of my old clothing that into stuff that Cordelia can love an enjoy. However, before I start on any of that I want to share my projects from last time! 

IMG_7422

The theme last summer was Kid's Art, and it was a lot of fun to get Cordelia's help decorating fabric. We drew on fabric, and we painted on fabric. I think the painting turned out the best- and she was soo proud of all of her little flowers. 

IMG_7538

I actually don't have pictures of the finished projects that were drawn on, but here is the painted flower dress! I picked up very "sky" looking fabric for the base of the dress, and trimmed it in green cotton and yellow ric rack that I had in my stash.

IMG_7517

IMG_7524

IMG_7528

She gets especially excited when she tells people that she painted the flowers on her dress- most people think I did it. 

IMG_7411

My second photographed look didn't involve any hands on kid action, but I felt the mermaids felt like kid art, so I figured it worked.  

IMG_7402

The skirt is a simple circle skirt, I added flower stitching to the bottom (mostly because I was super excited about my new machine) and a pink and white polka dot waistband. The top was my first self drafted and sewn knit top! 

IMG_7413

IMG_7415

Think good thoughts, and wish me luck sewing this week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!