Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Christmas Day 2014

December often feels like a giant check list, and with having the first week and a half occupied by school I feel like the month was way too short! There were Christmas cards to be made, gifts to be sewn, lights and decorations to be put up, cookies to be baked- I even have one more thing left on my holiday to do list (well actually a couple of things if you count the unfinished gifts I wrapped and gave out and now actually have to finish). Everything that has gone on this month has left me feeling more than a little exhausted and lifeless. But despite the total fatigue, I feel like we had a pretty happy Christmas. 

I think this is the first year Cordelia really "got" Christmas. She always comes into our bedroom and wakes us up- we almost don't even need an alarm clock she is that reliable. However, yesterday morning she got out of bed very quietly and went to the living room. We expected her to come running back to our room to tell us that Santa had come. After waiting and waiting we realized something was up and called for her- she came running in to tell us that she had gotten a whole bunch of surprise eggs. She was soo excited her eyes were sparkling. Sure enough we went out to the living room and she had torn through half of the surprise eggs that me and two of my friends painstakingly made her the night before. She was too happy for me to be exasperated at her- even though I did really want to watch her open ALL of the eggs. 

Christmas Day 2014

Christmas Day 2014

Cordelia has been extremely obsessed with watching unboxing videos on youtube. While I don't quite get the appeal she would watch them all day every day if we let her. So in addition to the surprise eggs we also picked up a punch of blind bags to go in her stocking- which made her one happy little girl. 

Christmas Day 2014

Christmas is a pretty busy affair for us. Every year we try to make it simpler and this year I think we got it about as simple as we will ever be able to get it. We opened gifts at our house and ate breakfast with my hubby's grandmother. Then we went to my mom and dad's house for more gifts and lunch, and then we did dinner (and even more gifts) at Brendon's Mom's house. This picture is of Cordelia at my mom's house- she was very eager to try on her shoes as soon as she unwrapped them. There were a couple of unfamiliar faces there this year so Cordelia was a little shy, and it wore her (and me) out- thankfully the day wasn't packed as tightly as normal so we were able to take a nap before heading off to dinner! 

Christmas Day 2014

Christmas Day 2014

Cordelia always has soo much fun at my mother in law's house. Brendon has a little sister and brother who are a good deal younger then him and Cordelia sees them more like kids. Kids who are a lot of fun to play with. Last year they all had a mine craft sword fight after Christmas dinner- this year they had a nerf gun war which ended in me getting pegged right under my eye!  
  
IMG_9079

I hope you all had a great Christmas, and I hope if you are just as tired as I am that you had a very relaxing boxing day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!