Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

A Rose in the Garden

Rose in the Garden Dress

With as warm as it was for Christmas, it was equally as cold at the beginning of December when I was trying to take photos for our holiday cards. The photo of Cordelia and Pig I ended up using was taken inside because she doesn't look very happy in these. As I was editing I kept telling Brendon "these are perfect blog photos but they suck as Christmas cards!". He didn't quite get it, but I had a vision!

Rose in the Garden Dress
Rose in the Garden Dress
Rose in the Garden Dress

That being said, I do love these photos- Cordelia did  good job rocking this dress like a very prim Alice hunting in a garden for the white rabbit. 

Rose in the Garden Dress

I used Simplicity 1508A with the side swoop option. I'm really digging the side swoops but I ran out of fabric so the back underskirt pattern is half as big as it is supposed to be. I don't think you could even tell that I shorted it but one day I want to make the full version to compare. 

Rose in the Garden Dress

She picked out a simple strand of jet beads and a teal hair bow to go with her dress. I made her wear the long sleeve shirt underneath so she didn't freeze. 

Rose in the Garden Dress
Rose in the Garden Dress

The fabric is from Joann Fabrics, I bought it on a whim because I had an extra coupon and I fell in love with it. I kinda want to go back and buy more so I can make myself a dress as well. It reminds me of the costumes from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. The roses are so vibrant and surreal and the blue is very soft. I kept making the comparison when talking to my sister about the dress and she didn't see it so I admit that it might just be in my head- but that's ok. I was thinking Tim Burton when I picked the black and white diamond trim. Lastly, I added ball fringe to the swoops because Cordelia and I have a ball fringe obsession- and wanted to make those swoops really stand out.

Rose in the Garden Dress

Cordelia will always be my little Alice in Wonderland with her never ending imagination and curiosity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!