Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pinkham Road Trip

Our little family just completed it's first big road trip- and man did I learn a lot along the way.We covered about 1,000 miles of road driving to New York and Vermont- and then around and around in circles in both states, and man was it a lot of driving!  I packed, and stressed, and made lists for days but there were a couple of things I wasn't prepared for. 

I wasn't prepared for the temperature to be anything but what the weather channel had predicted  (it was about 15° cooler than predicted). 

   
It was about 100 times more beautiful than I ever expected- everyone told me how beautiful Vermont was but I never had taken the time to consider how beautiful New York would be. Or how amazing mountains are- or how clean and fresh the air smells- OR how amazing the stars look under such big, clear sky's. I have never been so amazed. 

I was not prepared with enough kid activities for this munchkin to do- I really needed more stops and more interesting things for her to visit. However, that being said, I was amazed by how well she entertained herself in the car and with whatever was around her when we were doing "grown up" things.


I will never have my real camera for all of the perfect moments, and i need to be ok with that- or at least I need to work on being ok with that.

 
Ski lifts are scary, but giant slides make it worth it.


But, mostly, I was not prepared for this. Lots and lots of this. No matter how hard we tried to put Cordelia to bed at a normal time, no matter how hard we tried for naps, sleeping in strange places made for un-restful nights and turned my semi sweet baby girl into a full blown monster at times. This is the only part of the trip I have no idea how to improve on for next time! Do you guys have any tips? Anything you have tried that has worked for you and your kiddo?

   
Overall it was a nice little get away. I am soo grateful for our wonderful old friends who hosted us and fed us amazing food. I wish we could have spent more time with them! Even though they helped my hubby come home with another lathe. . .however It's a pretty awesome lathe so it's ok. I am also grateful for new friends who showed us spectacular fireworks and introduced us to a little gal who I sure wish lived closer because I have never seen Cordelia click so well with another little girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!