Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Strawberry Fields, Again

Strawberry Picking
Strawberry Picking

I have told you before how much I don't like picking fruit. I generally disprove of the heat...and the dirt...and the bugs...and the fact it seems to take forever...and the fact that you do all that work and it saves you no money at all. However, I think it's growing on me. I'm starting to enjoy the process, the end result, and really how much Cordelia enjoys it.

Strawberry Picking
Strawberry Picking

It might actually be better priced than I think, due to how many pounds this little monster eats while in the fields.  

Strawberry Picking

The day was warm, and overcast. I tried to dress Cordelia so she wouldn't get hot
(a loosing battle no matter what) which means it looks like I forgot her pants. That's the ok thing about being a kid, right? I'm trying to figure out if we are beyond the phase of ruffly butt diaper covers- thoughts? Part of me thinks I am just willing her to stay little. I've been feeling really down about how fast she is growing up, the glimpses of big girl independence and teenager attitude we get these days. Where did my little 8 lbs 10 ounces, 20.5 inch baby girl go? 

Strawberry Picking
Strawberry Picking
Strawberry Picking

Cordelia likes to steal the berries out of Shauna and my bucket to eat when she gets tired of picking- or when she feels the bushes are too bare in our spot. It would be ok if she only stole from me because, I don't need that many. However, Shauna makes jam and such with hers and needs a ton. Especially with how fast Cordelia eats Shauna's jam- a spoon full in her Greek yogurt every morning. 

Strawberry Picking

This sums up how Cordelia feels about being told she has to pick her own. 

Strawberry Picking
Strawberry Picking

Cordelia's favorite strawberries to pick were the abnormal ones. Berries that grew in funny shapes, or look like three stuck together, or are tiny, or flat. They are her favorite. I hope that it's a metaphor for how she will see life- that she will appreciate the things that are different, that she will see just how precious they are too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!