Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Goodbye to the Dinosaurs

Goodbye to the Dinosaurs

As I have said before, I really like that Cordelia takes interest in things I do not. I love learning about new things and I love watching her become her own person. Dinosaurs were never my thing, old and dusty with unpronounceable names- maybe if Dinosaur Train was around when I was little that would have been different. However, Cordelia loves them and the Natural History Museum is (well it already has, because it took me two months to write this post) closing down it's Dinosaur bones exhibit for five years while it gets a face lift. I hope Cordelia still likes Dinosaurs in five years so she can appreciate how magnificent the renovation is- but she will be eight years old then, and who knows what eight year olds like.

Goodbye to the Dinosaurs

In true Katie fashion, I made Miss C. a dress appropriate for the occasion (the night before because I thrive on last minute it seems). My sisters picked up this fabric at some point- because we can't resist a novelty print, and it seemed destined for this very purpose. The fabric is cotton, and I accented it with light blue speckled cotton for the hem and sleeves, and store bought red piping for some pop. 

Goodbye to the Dinosaurs

Goodbye to the Dinosaurs

The exhibit is pretty old and dusty, but I always enjoyed that there were things to touch and that you could watch people work in the Fossil Lab. Now it's very common to have touching and interactive aspects to museums, but I got to go to museums fairly frequently thanks to my sister and it wasn't the case when I was younger. 

Goodbye to the Dinosaurs

Pictures were pretty hard to take because of the lighting and because Cordelia just wasn't feeling them that day. Museum trips with small children always go smoother the less crowded the museum is (or at least they do with my child) and the day we went fell within spring break for many places. But she was well behaved enough that my sister got her a cute little Brontosaurus that Cordelia had lots of fun walking all over the place. 

Goodbye to the Dinosaurs

Goodbye to the Dinosaurs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!