Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Over the Weekend

IMG_2964

Another fun filled, busy weekend at our house. Sometimes I wish we knew how to take it slow and be bums. However, this weekend was wonderful and exciting. While I was working on Saturday, Brendon and Miss C had a Daddy/Daughter date at the park. They road the carousel and the miniature train (hundreds of times)   and had a blast being silly and crazy. Brendon was awesome and sent me lots of pictures, but I was still a little jealous so, on Sunday, we went to Watkins park to see the animals and ride the carousel there.  

IMG_2856

She doesn't look happy here, but she really was having fun I swear! 


IMG_2858

It's soo much fun to look at the different animals- and the amazing details the artists put into them.

IMG_2861

I know you have seen a lot of pictures of the animals at the Old Maryland Farm already- but I love animals and I think it is soo much fun that the farm is super close to us (and it's free!). It is really just all around amazing. 

IMG_2864

IMG_2874

IMG_2875

IMG_2879

IMG_2906

Now when you ask Miss C what noise a peacock makes she makes a horrible, incredibly loud, shrieking/ cawing noise- just like a real peacock. 

IMG_2909

Too bad they are so obnoxious to listen to because they sure are beautiful. I'm a little obsessed with peacocks, in fact a dear friend of mine always tells me that they are my spirit animal because of it. 

IMG_2911

Brendon took this photo- It's making the face I make at Brendon when he forgets to take the trash out.

IMG_2932 

IMG_2928

After the farm we found a nice little trail to the nature center. Finding the trail was a godsend because without it you have to walk past the giant park and no kid wants to pay attention at a nature center after they see a giant park- even if it is the coolest nature center in the area. 

IMG_2950

IMG_2951

Cordelia comparing her wingspan to a Red Tail Hawk.

IMG_2956

Daddy and Cordelia comparing their wingspans to that of an Eagle.

IMG_2960

Have I mentioned before how turtles are a really big deal to Miss C? We end up taking a lot of pictures of then because of that! 

IMG_2963

IMG_2966

Miss C Looks like such a big girl here! I look at this picture and I can see her as a teenager- please time slow down. I hope you and your family had amazing adventures this weekend! Any ideas about what we should do next weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!