Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Over the Weekend


I hope you had a great weekend. The weather was beautiful here and I am happy to say that we spent most of our time outside enjoying it! I just want to share some photos of our weekend with you all- please excuse the grainy photos these were all taken on cell phones. 

I am back working at the small business that I grew up working for on- right now only on Saturdays. This makes Saturdays (between 10 and 4) daddy daughter time. Brendon was very excited to wear his brand new overalls for their first "date" and decided Miss C should match. I rolled my eyes at him, but inside I died with how cute they were together. 


One of the best things about where I work now is that Miss C and Brendon can bring me breakfast. 


After breakfast, Brendon took Cordelia to visit his brother, sister, and mom. We havn't been able to see them as often as we would like so it was good for them to get together. 


Brendon spent time on Saturday and Sunday getting this bike trailer fixed up. It was gifted to us around the time Cordelia was born but we didn't manage to get it up and running last year (she was too small the year before). It needed new tubes, and needed a bolt/ screw replaced, and needed some scrubbing. 


They took their first ride Sunday night and I could hear Cordelia saying "YAY" the whole time. 


I really wanted to start a garden this year- and I researched the subject to death. I read so much about gardening that it all became overwhelming and I couldn't just start. However, after a kick in the but, we finally went to buy some dirt and plants. 



I'm really proud of our little garden. We planted zucchini, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, cucumbers, and tomatoes. We are also growing strawberries in a container on the porch. My neighbor gave me some advice that I am taking to heart. He told me to reevaluate my idea of success, to think of this as a learning experience, as a multi year project. Do you have any advice on growing a garden? Any words of wisdom? 


This was a really big project for us too because first we had to actually find a place in the backyard for the garden! We had more bags of yard waste to put out today than the county will pick up. We asked our neighbor nicely if we could put some in front of their house so we could get it gone. 



P.S we drove past this car the other day, had to share. 

1 comment:

  1. Omgosh, matching overalls = cute overload!! I really want a garden too, its so much nicer knowing where your veggies are comin' from, but I don't have a backyard or anything! Looks like you did a great job, I have no clue about gardening but looks awesome! :)

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!