Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

5 Things I am Grateful For

There are times when the world seems like a very sad place, times when the good seems to be slowly leaching out of humanity. These are times we have to sit and be thankful for the good in the world. We have to be thankful for the little things. The world is a scary place, sometimes you just have to turn off the news, go outside and look at the flowers and be thankful. 

IMG_1611

IMG_1609

1. I am grateful for spring- for flowers, and flowering trees. For soft weather and for the clear sky.  


2. Oddly enough, I am grateful for George Takei's facebook page. Everything he posts makes me laugh and helps me remember that the world isn't that bad after all. (as a side note, I'm not even a star track fan and I only really know who George Takei is because of the Big Bang Theory and facebook). 


3. I am grateful for the Dove Real Beauty Campaign. I know there are people out there who think this is silly, just read some of the hateful bs posted as comments under this video on youtube, but I have always loved this campaign and I especially like this video. As a mother I worry about the world I am raising my daughter in- will she too agonize about the spacing of her eyes, or her weight, or the color of her hair. Even the most beautiful women I know can find something wrong with the way they look. I appreciate the efforts Dove is making to help women on the path to self acceptance. 


4. I am grateful to Fred Rogers for sharing this. I borrowed the image from a Huffington Post article that I recommend if you have children older than mine. I am lucky that to be saved from explaining the events at the Boston Marathon to my daughter. It is amazing to me that when you do remember to look, you always see helpers, you always see the good people. It's important to remember that there are good people in this world. 




5. Mostly, I am grateful for my family. My husband and partner who makes the best raptor (top photo), our little girl who is the toughest smartest kid I know (I guess I am biased, but hey), our parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters- our whole family because without them we wouldn't be us, and life wouldn't be as sweet. 

1 comment:

  1. So lovely. It is such a good and rare thing to take a step back and notice the good we might otherwise take for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!