Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hump Day Happiness

I can't believe it's Wednesday already! I feel like this week is going super fast. It's been a pretty good week so far in this household- low stress and lots of family time. I feel like today's post is more of a "Hump Day Happiness" post than a "Getting Over the Hump" post because I am just in a much better mood today. We were supposed to get hit by a huge snowstorm that turned mostly into rain, which was a bummer. However,  I still got a half day from work, so hopefully, I will be able to finish up some sewing today! How is your week so far? What are you loving this week?

These videos are the best on youtube- my cats behave exactly like this so I can always relate. 

This blogpost over at WOWbodyNOW really helped re-motivate me. I've been slacking when it comes to exercising and eating right- I just kinda lost focus and reading this seems to have helped focus me again.

You don’t have to get a job that makes others feel comfortable about what they perceive as your success. You don’t have to explain what you plan to do with your life. You don’t have to justify your education by demonstrating its financial rewards. You don’t have to maintain an impeccable credit score. Anyone who expects you to do any of those things has no sense of history or economics or science or the arts. -- You have to pay your electric bill. You have to be kind. You have to give it all you got. You have to find people who love you truly and love them back with the same truth. But that’s all.” -Cheryl Strayed

 Kaelah Bee (one of my favorite bloggers) posted the above quote in her Things I Love Thursday Post. It's always kinda awkward to me when people ask me what I'm doing with my life. Part of me always wants to be able to say that I'm doing something totally amazing, that makes tons of money- something that the person I'm talking to really thinks of as successful. As if the true measure of success is the size of your paycheck.  I think we have to really evaluate what success is, is success having a big paycheck but hating your job? Or is success being able to say with confidence that you are a good mom- even if you can't afford everything you might want. 

Timeless Treasures Nautical Ocean Floor Turquoise
Urban Zoologie Ladybugs RedNicole's Prints Shark! BlueDon't Be Crabby Fish Nautical
1,2,3,4,5,6

I spent several hours the other day combing fabric websites looking for novelty prints- I want to buy everything! Cordelia is really into fish and bugs right now- so I specifically looking for fish and bugs. I have to  do some solid planning before I buy (I have way too much fabric) but I am looking forward to some new projects. 


Lastly, I recently bought the Macklemore album on itunes, and I have pretty much been listening to this song on repeat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one- sometimes more than once!